Hamish Taylor is an award winning CEO and now an inspirational speaker/broadcaster whose career has taken him from international consumer goods giant Procter & Gamble, consultancy firm Price Waterhouse and British Airways to become CEO of the channel tunnel railway Eurostar, and then Sainsbury’s Bank…all before he was 40!
In all cases he left behind a record of significant business growth triggered by a willingness to challenge the normal way of doing things – so much so that his advice and assistance is now sought by organisations all over the world in many different industries. The Inspired Leaders Network gave him the title MasterThief based on his record of transferring ideas between sectors.
Hamish’s energetic, thought provoking and humorous keynotes are based on a rare combination of real stories and a fantastic ability to inspire audiences with tailored advice and practical tools.
Regularly featured in broadcast media, today Hamish acts as an adviser to some of the world’s largest companies (and even Governments) assisting with innovation projects, customer focus and/or people leadership.
The broad applicability of Hamish’s unique style and practical messages generate outstanding testimonials wherever and to whomever he presents. In the past 5 years alone Hamish’s advice has been sought in over 45 countries and more than 150 organisations ranging from multi-nationals to SME’s and from not-for-profit organisations to national governments. Whatever your industry and whatever your role, we believe that Hamish can provide you with a platform for outstanding future performance.
Hamish’ keynotes will demonstrate the major breakthroughs that can be achieved by changing your approach. Three keynote topics are illustrated below, however his message can be tailored to a variety of topics and levels within an organisation:
- Customer Promise: Lessons in putting the customer at the heart of all activities within your organisation
- MasterThief: Lessons on driving innovation and change by stealing ideas from outside.
- Reverse Football: Lessons in making sure you take the organisation with you.
“One of the best presentations I have ever seen, let alone had the good fortune to Chair” Chairman, Economist IT Directors Conference
“Hamish’s presentations crackle with energy and original insights that make even our group of top-level, seasoned, high-achieving UK business and public sector leaders think ‘Crikey: that’s inspiring! Why didn’t I think of that!?’ And these are people who it’s hard to impress…” Chairman, The Inspired Leaders Network
“Stimulating and fun to listen to … passionate and incredibly enthusiastic” Fortnum & Mason
“Dynamic and energetic messages, Hamish challenged our thinking and made us view some of our leadership issues as opportunities” Camelot
“Genuinely found extremely valuable” Bank of Ireland
Case histories, practical tools, adverts, props, interactivity with the audience and tailoring of his messages to your environment are all features of Hamish’s approach. Past clients have:
- Changed their approach to influencing internal and external customers after listening to both Procter and Gamble and BA’s rigorous approaches to gaining customer insights.
- Started selling “Benefits” rather than products to internal and external customers after listening to the experiences of BA, Mars and Eurostar.
- Created a more innovative/breakthrough culture with new methods for looking outside the current environment.
- Looked at lessons from successful brands to change the way they act as a team and influence internal customers
- Looked at advertising as a role model for revolutionising everyday communications
- And much more